Reasoning Questions for SBI Clerk & NABARD 2018: 12 April
Directions (Q. 1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions:
Eight teachers A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting around a circular table for lunch. Each of them teaches a different subject, viz Hindi, Maths, English, Civics, Geography, GK, Sanskrit and Computer, but not necessarily in the same order.
E sits third to the left of G. The Hindi teacher sits on the immediate right of E, who is not a Maths teacher. B is fourth to the right of H. Neither B nor H is an immediate neighbour of E. F teaches Civics and sits third to the right of Hindi teacher. The GK teacher sits second to the left of Civics teacher. The Sanskrit teacher sits second to the left of E. A, who is an English teacher, is sitting exactly between F and H. The Geography teacher is sitting second to the right of the English teacher. C sits third to the left of F.
1. What is the position of A with respect to B?
1) Third to the right 2) Third to the left
3) Second to the left 4) Can’t be determined
5) None of these
2. Who among the following is a Maths teacher?
1) C 2) B 3) G 4) H 5) None of these
3. How many persons sit between C and H (if counted from H in ACW direction)?
1) One 2) Two 3) Three
4) None 5) None of these
4. E is the teacher of which of the following subjects?
1) Geography 2) Hindi 3) Sanskrit
4) Computer 5) None of these
5. Who among the following is a Hindi teacher?
1) G 2) B 3) D
4) H 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 6-10): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
A word and number arrangement machine when given an input line of words and numbers rearranges them following a particular rule in each step. The following is an illustration of the input and its rearrangement:
Input : 70 four always 69 proud 55 nice line 56 40 monkey 50
Step I: proud 40 70 four always 69 55 nice line 56 monkey 50
Step II: proud 40 nice 50 70 four always 69 55 line 56 monkey
Step III: proud 40 nice 50 monkey 55 70 four always 69 line 56
Step IV: proud 40 nice 50 monkey 55 line 56 70 four always 69
Step V: proud 40 nice 50 monkey 55 line 56 four 69 70 always
Step VI: proud 40 nice 50 monkey 55 line 56 four 69 always 70
Step VI is the last step of the rearrangement of the above input. As per the rules followed in the above steps, find out in each of the questions the appropriate step for the given input.
Input: 60 goes 47 number rich 28 poem 14 23 this 35 wonder 46 some
6. How many steps will be required to complete the given input?
1) Five 2) Six 3) Seven
4) Eight 5) None of these
7. What is the position of ‘number’ from the left end in the last step?
1) Second 2) Tenth 3) Fourth
4) Eleventh 5) None of these
8. Which element is fifth to the right of ‘rich’ in Step VI?
1) 60 2) 47 3) goes
4) this 5) None of these
9. Which of the following is the seventh element from the left end in Step III?
1) 60 2) goes 3) rich
4) 35 5) None of these
10. What is the position of ‘35’ in Step IV?
2) Eighth from the left end
3) Seventh from the left end
4) Ninth from the right end
5) None of these